This was my first time experimenting with raw “baking” and I think it went quite well. I found this recipe on RawAmazing.com, but I didn’t haven’t all the ingredients so I modified it a bit.
I found that I actually really like these cookies as a nice little desert after dinner as well. They are both sweet and savory making them a nice compliment to dinner.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup sprouted raw flaked oats
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- lemon zest from 2 lemons
- In high-speed blender, blend cashews, orange juice, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla until smooth. (if there are some small chunks, that is ok.)
- In separate bowl, stir together oats, walnuts, cranberries, chia seeds and zest.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture, stir together.
- Shape into golfball size balls. Flatten slightly. Dehydrate at 115 degrees for 2-3 hours.